Thursday, January 05, 2006

Daily Devotion for January 5, 2006

The following Devotion/Poem was written by one of the people receiving my daily devotions, and with her permission, I am sharing it with you today as the devotion.
 
Psalm 119:105 “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light to my path.”
Psalm 23:4 “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
 
December 12, 2005, my husband Glenn had a triple by-pass.   
December 17, 2005, I brought him home and he is walking half a mile two times a day. God has renewed his heart--given him new life!
We thank God for renewing his heart -- giving him new life.
Barbara Jean Ryburn
December 25, 2005 

REMEMBER TO BREATHE
 
Journey through life we feel in control
Triple by-pass this won’t be a stroll
Life has taken us by the hand
Into The Valley of Numb we land
 
We have no control just follow along
Words in my head repeat like a song
Remember to breathe, remember to breathe
Just be still remember to breathe
 
The Valley of Numb dark shadows abide
Fear and doubt try to get inside
But words from God come to my mind
His words light the path I find 
 
Remember to breathe for I am here
With comfort and peace my child so dear
Fear disappears replaced by God’s love
A wonderful gift sent from above
 
We know not what tomorrow holds
But we believe God’s in control
Out of The Valley of Numb we climb
Our spirit renewed we have peace of mind

Did someone send you this Devotion? Would you like to receive future ones directly? Click here to subscribe.

Tim Hetzner - President - Lutheran Church Charities
333 W. Lake Street, Addison, Illinois 60101
(866) 455-6466 • Fax: (866) 451-1476
Web Site: lcc.LutheranChurchCharities.org
E-Mail: TimHetzner@LutheranChurchCharities.org

At the end of the day. . . Making A Difference
In People's Lives and In God's Kingdom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home