Friday, November 11, 2005

Daily Devotion for November 11, 2005

Walking With Jesus
 
Jesus himself came near and went with them. Luke 24:13
 
Christian takes a journey with Jesus as the primary character in Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress.
 
In my Baptism, without my knowing it, Christ has lived in me to make this journey through life with me as my personal friend who sticks closer than a brother, and He has never yet disappointed me, though I have often disappointed my God.
 
During this journey with God, I've taken with me a special verse to be my very own: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13). Along with this verse, I have offered a special prayer, which we all know as the prayer of St. Francis.
 
Prayer:
1. Make me a channel of your peace: where there is hatred, let me bring your love; where there is injury, your healing power, and where there's doubt, true faith in you.
 
2. Make me a channel of your peace: where there's despair in life let me bring hope; where there is darkness, only light, and where there's sadness, ever joy.
 
3. O Spirit, grant that I may never seek so much to be consoled as to console, to be understood as to understand, to be loved as to love with all my soul.
 
4. Make me a channel of your peace, It is in pardoning that we are pardoned, in giving to all that we receive, and in dying that we're born to eternal life.
 

Did someone send you this Devotion? Would you like to receive future ones directly? Click here to subscribe.

Want to learn more about the Bible Jesus used – The Old Testament – and the Bible Jesus taught?  Enroll today in Word Among Us – Cover to Cover study of the Bible starting in Genesis and going through Revelation including the inter - testamental period, using history and archeology and Biblical culture to make the text alive - taught by Tim Hetzner.
Class sites are across the USA. Click here for more information.

Tim Hetzner - President - Lutheran Church Charities
333 W. Lake Street, Addison, Illinois 60101
(866) 455-6466 • Fax: (866) 451-1476
Web Site: lcc.LutheranChurchCharities.org
E-Mail: TimHetzner@LutheranChurchCharities.org

At the end of the day. . . Making A Difference
In People's Lives and In God's Kingdom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home