Friday, October 28, 2005

Daily Devotion for October 28, 2005

My Greatest Pleasure
 
How excellent are the Lord's faithful people! My greatest pleasure is to be with them.  Psalm 16:3
 
What is our greatest pleasure? The answer will tell us much about ourselves. The problem, however, is to narrow it down to one pleasure. Most of us have several pleasures that rank high.
 
But what is my greatest pleasure?  I thought about this.  Eventually my greatest pleasure became crystal clear. In a moment; in the twinkling of an eye, as it were, the words of the ancient psalmist said it all: "How excellent are the Lord's faithful people! My greatest pleasure is to be with them." In my mind I started identifying my very best friends. It turned out that they were all among God's faithful people. They all belonged to some branch of the widespread Christian community. This doesn't mean that all Christians give me the greatest pleasure but, rather, that when I find a person who gives me great delight, that person always turns out to be one of God's faithful people.
 
Prayer
Almighty God, giver of every good and perfect gift, we praise and thank you for the joys and pleasures that enrich our lives which you provide through your faithful people. Help us all by your Spirit to give joy and pleasure to others even as they give joy and pleasure to us, Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
 

Did someone send you this Devotion? Would you like to receive future ones directly? Click here to subscribe.

Want to learn more about the Bible Jesus used – The Old Testament – and the Bible Jesus taught?  Enroll today in Word Among Us – Cover to Cover study of the Bible starting in Genesis and going through Revelation including the inter - testamental period, using history and archeology and Biblical culture to make the text alive - taught by Tim Hetzner.
Class sites are across the USA. Click here for more information.

Tim Hetzner - President - Lutheran Church Charities
333 W. Lake Street, Addison, Illinois 60101
(866) 455-6466 • Fax: (866) 451-1476
Web Site: lcc.LutheranChurchCharities.org
E-Mail: TimHetzner@LutheranChurchCharities.org

At the end of the day. . . Making A Difference
In People's Lives and In God's Kingdom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home