Friday, November 10, 2006

Daily Devotion for November 9, 2006

On A Well Worn Trail
 
Therefore since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and run with perseverance the race that is set before us. Hebrews 12:1
 
Have you thought about what you want to leave behind? Spiritually, I mean.
 
When I was little, after a large snowstorm I use to try and get out to the barn from the house.  I couldn’t because the snow drifts were too large for me to walk through.  The snow was up above my waist. I was too small. So my father would go ahead and make the steps. I walked in his path. It wasn't easy but I could do it. My father and I no longer live close to each other, but in a snow storm with large drifts of snow, I walk ahead and others follow, namely my children.
 
We began to walk in the path that others first made, now it is our turn to do the same. So in order for there to be any spiritual legacy to your living and mine, it is that there needs to be a well-worn trail leading to the kingdom of heaven.
 
So it really does matter what you do today -- and that you get up and start to walk. Others will need to follow in the steps that we lay down.
 
Prayer
So many years ago, before we can even remember, you began your work in us. What human hands led us in those steps, what faces we know better than our own, smiled upon us the first recognition of your grace? These were your people, O Lord, who have gone before. Thank you.
 
Give me today a way to go so that at this day's end there may be a worthy trail to follow for all who will share this prayer tomorrow. Amen.
 
Did someone send you this Devotion? Would you like to receive future ones directly? Click here to subscribe.

Want to learn more about the Bible Jesus used – The Old Testament – and the Bible Jesus taught?  Enroll today in Word Among Us – Cover to Cover study of the Bible starting in Genesis and going through Revelation including the inter - testamental period, using history and archeology and Biblical culture to make the text alive - taught by Tim Hetzner.
Class sites are across the USA. Click here for more information.

Tim Hetzner - President - Lutheran Church Charities
333 W. Lake Street, Addison, Illinois 60101
(866) 455-6466 • Fax: (866) 451-1476
Web Site: lcc.LutheranChurchCharities.org
E-Mail: TimHetzner@LutheranChurchCharities.org

At the end of the day. . . Making A Difference
In People's Lives and In God's Kingdom


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home